- This event has passed.
Idaho 4th Annual Cybersecurity Interdependencies Summit
April 26 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
This event is now full. To be added to a waitlist please contact: Nate Weigel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us on April 26, 2018, for the Idaho Cybersecurity Interdependencies Summit. Explore the growing challenges of cybersecurity and their impacts on overall economic and physical security at the one-day Summit hosted by the Idaho Office of Emergency Management. In the face of emerging risks to economic and national security, action is needed to address criticial regional infrastructure interdependencies. This event is part of a continuing series intended to build public-private partnerships and advance Idaho’s resilience to cyber threats.
The agenda features an interactive tabletop exercise to facilitate discussion on cybersecurity planning, policy, and simulate outcomes from significant cyber incidents. Participants will learn from experienced technical and policy professionals and identify gaps in their own cybersecurity planning.
What you should expect:
- Update on Idaho’s new cybersecurity strategy. Learn more about what Idaho is doing.
- Speakers and keynote addresses from high-level Idaho government officials and private sector business leaders. Hear from key government officials and influential Idaho businesses.
- Interactive tabletop boardgame simulation and self-assessment tool. The interactive game will help you to identify best practices and gaps in cyber security planning and policy.
- Learn about current and future trends in cybersecurity. Hear from major Idaho employers and other panelists on current trends and how to prepare for future threats.
- Discussion of cyber incident reporting, protocols, and available State and Federal resources. Find out what to do during a major cyber incident and learn how situational awareness can make Idaho more resilient to cybersecurity incidents.
- Strengthening partnerships between local, country, state, federal, and private sector partners. Planning ahead and working across jurisdictions is critical to ensuring the resilience of the region.
- Networking opportunities with public and private sector stakeholders. Learn about your interdependencies and find out who you need to know before a disaster.
Who should attend:
- Critical infrastructure owners/operators; major employers; small business representatives; cybersecurity directors and managers, and affiliated IT support staff; security and law enforcement; business continuity professionals; executive leadership, HR, and legal; and all private and public sector cyber security stakeholders.
Cost to Attend: FREE. Continental networking light breakfast, lunch, and final reception refreshments will be provided.
Registration and networking breakfast begins at 8:00AM.
*The full agenda is still being developed. Please visit www.regionalresilience.org for more details.